The Music of George Crumb
Saturday, July 24, 2010, 8:00 pm
$22/ $60 Festival Pass
Capping off a day devoted to Crumb which starts at 3PM with a talk about Crumb with David Lang and Jim Findlay, and continues at 4:30 with a gallery recital of Crumb's music, this evening event is the world premiere of Jim Findlay's staging of Crumb's music performed by the amazing fellows and faculty of the Bang on a Can Summer Festival. Findlay uses video and movement to seamlessly connect the stylized ritual theater of Vox Balaenae, the anti-war intensity of Black Angels, and the eerie lyricism of Madrigals I-IV.
Other Bang on a Can Festival events
Don't miss a minute of the excitement! Purchase a festival pass for just $60 which includes all BOAC events and gallery admission every day of the festival.
- Late night Jam Session at Elf Parlor on Ashland Street in North Adams, Friday, July 16 10 PM. Free event.
- Family Event. Saturday, July 17, 11:30 AM -- Kids Can Too
- Bang on a Can fellows perform at Sundays at 6 in downtown Williamstown at 4 PM on Sunday, July 18. Free event.
- International George Crumb Day. Saturday, July 24
Culture Break: Closer to George Crumb, 3 PM
Gallery Recital featuring Crumb's music, 4:30 PM
Concert featuring the Music of George Crumb, 8 PM
- Fellows and faculty perform a concert at Windsor Lake, Wednesday, July 28 at 7 PM. Free event.
- Concert. Saturday, July 31, 4-10 PM -- Bang on a Can Marathon
The Bang on a Can Festival is sponsored in part by the the Catherine and Paul Buttenwieser Foundation and